Do you want your group of 10 or more to explore history in a deeper way? A free guided tour will help make Greensboro’s history relevant to your crew, whether you’re a Scout group, religious organization, civic club, or family reunion. Group Tours are appropriate for visitors 16 years of age and up.
When are Group Tours Available?
Group Tours are available throughout the year from Tuesdays through Fridays, 10 am to 4 pm.
When Should I Request a Group Tour?
Since Group Tours are made possible by the availability of our museum volunteers, visitors are strongly encouraged to make a request three weeks before they would like to visit in order to arrange the best possible experience for the group.
I understand and agree to the following terms:
- Groups must consist of a minimum of 10 people to schedule a guided tour.
- Group Tours at the museum are made possible by volunteers. An unexpected shortage of volunteers on the day of your visit will require your tour to be turned into a self-guided visit. If at anytime, including the day of your visit, we become aware that your tour will be affected by a shortage of volunteers, education staff will inform you about necessary changes.
- We cannot guarantee scheduled tours for groups that arrive more than 30 minutes late.
- For the benefit of our volunteers, we require that groups cancel tours at least 24 hours before the scheduled visit. To cancel your scheduled tour, please call 336.333.6831 or 336.373.2043 to let us know, or to leave your name, number, and a detailed message.
- Future ability to reserve Group Tours may be determined by adherence to these terms.
For tour-related questions, please contact Catherine Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 336.373.2971.
How do I Request a Field Trip for My School Group?
Please see our Field Trip Planner.