The Greensboro History Museum, an American Alliance of Museums-accredited Smithsonian Affiliate, is a division of the City of Greensboro Library Department and operates as a public-private partnership with the nonprofit GHM Inc.
In partnership with the community, the Greensboro History Museum collects the city’s diverse history and connects people to that history and one another through engaging exhibits, educational programs and community dialogue.
- Discover our museum site, with a historic cemetery and buildings dating back to the 1700s
- Discover our 17,000 square feet of exhibitions about the history of our city and beyond
- Discover our museum collections, with more than 30,000 objects collected over nearly a century
- Discover our museum archives, with over half a million photos, manuscripts, documents and more
- Discover our museum educational activities and resources, from podcasts to specialized tours
- Discover our free educational programs and fun events