The Museum Shop is open Tuesday-Friday 11 am-3 pm. Come by to find local history books, NC pottery and much more!
The Greensboro History Museum in downtown Greensboro has been a source of information and stories in our community for almost 100 years! The nonprofit GHM Inc. is seeking to hire an individual with retail and customer service experience to serve as Museum Shop Manager. This position will provide a great opportunity to support an award winning museum. The job description provides details about responsibilities and qualifications. If interested, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline June 1, 2022
Position Title: Museum Shop Manager
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday 11:00am-3:00pm
This position is Nonexempt under FLSA
Reports to: GHM Shop Board Committee & Museum Director
Directly Supervises: Museum Shop Volunteers
Manage the Greensboro History Museum Shop to ensure a positive guest experience and profitability to support the Museum’s educational mission. Maintain a thoughtfully curated selection of products that appeal to a diverse customer base and align with Museum exhibitions.
· Operate QuickBooks Point of Sale cash register and credit card terminal to process sales.
· Perform opening and closeout operations on a daily basis.
· Reconcile daily cash receipts reports and forward to bookkeeper.
· Create purchase orders, code invoices and forward to bookkeeper for payment.
· Meet with GHM Shop Board Committee on a regular basis to provide updates, discuss issues, successes, marketing plans, etc. related to the Shop.
· Provide input and data for annual budget.
· Coordinate with the Education Department on school visits to the Shop.
Procurement and Inventory
· Source products through local and regional vendors, negotiate pricing, develop and maintain vendor relationships, unpack products, and check against purchase orders and packing lists, follow-up on damaged merchandise or incorrect shipments.
· Stock and display merchandise.
· Maintain Shop’s physical condition and appearance.
· Monitor product inventory and reorder as needed.
Customer Service and Volunteers
· Provide excellent customer service through actively engaging Shop patrons.
· Greet patrons in a friendly and helpful manner and utilize proper phone etiquette.
· Train volunteers on all aspects of the Shop and to function as ambassadors for the Museum.
· Model and reinforce positive customer service.
· Foster a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
· Ability to multi-task, and manage time effectively.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· 2-5 years of progressive retail experience.
· Experience with QuickBooks Point of Sale is a plus.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
The above listed duties are general statements of required duties and responsibilities performed on a regular basis. Additional duties may be assigned.